Tuesday, April 17, 2018

What's New in Google Apps



I am always getting brilliant ideas and up to date information from Eric Curts and his blog:  Control Alt Achieve.
In a blog post earlier this month he shared a long list of updates, changes, and new things in G Suite for Education.  I have selected a few to share in my blog post this week that I think directly impact teachers and students I work with.  To see Eric’s complete list, check out his blog.
What's New in Google Apps: 


  • Google search on mobile adds "Word Coach" game - Resource Link
  • Google launches Song Maker tool in the Chrome Music Lab - Resource Link
  • Google Drive's "Shared with Me" section to get update showing common people who have shared with you - Resource Link
  • Docs, Sheets, and Slides getting Activity Dashboard to see when files have been viewed - Resource Link
  • Google launches "Art Palette" AI tool to find works of art based on colors you choose - Resource Link
  • Google launches "LIFE Tags" AI tool to search through 4 million historic photos from LIFE magazine - Resource Link
  • Menu and toolbar updates in Google Docs editors - Resource Link
  • Google acquires Tenor to improve searching for GIFs - Resource Link
  • Google shutting down goo.gl URL shortening service - Resource Link
My favorites from the above list, all spark a creativity idea for students.  I encourage you to take a look at Song Maker, Art Palette, Life Tags and OK Go Sandbox.  I can imagine endless creation opportunities for students with these.  If you want to collaborate and try these together, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment