Sunday, August 26, 2012

Why I Hated Meredith’s First Grade Teacher: An Open Letter to America’s Teachers by Kylene Beers

This is great blogpost that comes right to the heart of teaching - the students!  No matter how old they are, children, our students, need to know you care about them.  Our work is important work!  We can lift a child up, share knowledge, help them understand and enjoy new learning!

"But, I promise, underneath that bravado of the seventh grader or swagger of the tenth grader you will find that small first grader who wonder, "Will my teacher like me?"  And when that child - that teen - knows that you believe he or she matters, then that student will do most anything for you."

To read the full post, click on the following link:
Why I Hated Meredith’s First Grade Teacher: An Open Letter to America’s Teachers Kylene Beers

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment