Monday, October 3, 2011

FAQs


Top 12 Technology FAQs

1. Why should I sign up to plan with my tech partner?
Planning and collaboration is essential for meaningful learning experiences for our 21st Century learners – 4C the future.

2. Where are the computer carts stored?
Check your school news cart calendar and the classroom housing it should be next to the cart number.

3. How do I check out and reserve computers and equipment?
All technology equipment available for checkout can be reserved in your school news.

4. Whose responsibility is it to take care of the carts and equipment?
Users (that’s all of us) are responsible for keeping it organized and maintained. Empower the students to keep their carts looking good.

5. What is my server ID and password?
If you have forgotten your User ID and password then email userid.

6.  What is my PowerGrade, PowerTeacher, or ViewPoint password?
If you have forgotten your login and password then email Kent Ripplinger.

7. Will we save our classroom projects to the server?
Yes, your classroom logins and passwords were put into your mailboxes last week.

8.  What is my ‘My Learning Plan’ login and password?
If you have forgotten your login and password then email Shannon Webber.

9. What do I do if the computer doesn’t print?
Put in a trouble ticket.

10. How do I put in a trouble ticket?
Go to the Century Elementary hompage. Click on teacher links. Select trouble tickets. Username is staff and password if gfstaff.

11. Which software program do I use instead of Appleworks with my students?  
Open Office

12. What if a printer needs ink and/or paper?
Let Connie know a printer needs ink and she will order more.  Any adult can replace the ink cartridge when it arrives.  If a printer needs paper, grab some out of the supply room and add it.

No comments:

Post a Comment